Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fast track the new track

Dear Rep. Waxman, Sen. Boxer, and Sen. Feinstein:

Mayor Villaraigosa has restored a little of my hope in the potential of our elected officials to effect progress with his 30/10 initiative for mass transit in Los Angeles. I've been following this issue closely (my friend Daisy works the transportation beat for AP) but after clearing many hurdles it seems the process is now stalled somewhere in the bowels of Washington D.C.

This would be a landmark step in the right direction for L.A. and it's a win-win-win for jobs, electoral politics, and basic quality of life here.  At a time when similar amounts of money simply go unaccounted for in pointless wars, this would restore faith in what government can do.  I encourage you to do match the mayor's leadership by putting loan approval for this project on a fast track, and I look forward to hearing from you on this.

Sincerely,
Citizen Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment